Fragment argument: free is a political choice: "It is often said that free transit is unrealistic because there is nothing in life is free.
Nothing free, except ...
- 2362 km of roads
- 1,265 km of sidewalks
- 298 km of cycle network
- 20 stairs and a lift linking the Upper Town and Lower Town
Not to mention ...
- 6,822 miles of water mains and sewers
- 145 million m3 of treated wastewater a year by two treatment plants
- 93 million m3 of drinking water produced per year by 4 plants
- 456 parks and green spaces
- 100,000 street trees and park street
- 23 public libraries"